The difference between a manager and a leader is one of having the strategic, global perspective that comes not only from experience, but also from intellectual curiosity and an ability to identify and nurture new and better ideas. A leader recognizes the value of knowledge and leverages it wisely. A leader achieves results. Leaders know where their organization is, can visualize where it should go and, perhaps most importantly, they know how to mobilize people to realize that vision. The ILLINOIS MBA helps experienced managers move into that leadership role to change the world around them.
We are among the oldest and most established Executive MBA programs in the world and have set the tone for this degree both in North America and worldwide. We focus on enrolling students who possess great potential for leading their organization.
Our faculty are able to unleash student potential because they are gifted teachers with uncommon real-world experience. They come to Illinois from strong industry positions, they consult for businesses large and small, they share their insights with government leaders and legislative bodies, they help charitable organizations and they interact with other top researchers around the world. Our faculty write award-winning research with international acclaim because they live on the cutting edge where business challenges and scholarship produce innovative solutions.
We value our impact on business and appreciate the recognition we have received by Fortune Small Business who recently ranked our program among the top twelve Executive MBA programs in the nation for entrepreneurs. The Wall Street Journal recently concluded that our attractive tuition structure compared to other great Executive MBA programs makes the University of Illinois Executive MBA a good return on investment. We also were named as one of the top three Executive MBA programs in Chicago by Crain's Chicago Business.
The University of Illinois Executive MBA is designed with you in mind:
- INNOVATIVE - Everlasting competitive advantage comes from unique, innovative thinking. Illinois has taught the icons of innovative thinking: management great Jack Welch, relationship guru Tom Siebel, entrepreneurial wizard Doris Christopher, and many others.
- GLOBAL - A unique capstone international consulting experience which applies your knowledge to a real-world business challenge for a global company.
- LEADERSHIP - The concept is so central to this degree that it is one of your first courses in the Program and sets the stage for each foundation course which follows. Our Executive Leadership Development Series introduces you to leading executives and to the key traits great leaders are able to master.
- CONVENIENT - A 19-month program taught four-days per month in downtown Chicago just steps from major transportation hubs.
- AFFORDABLE - While one of the oldest and most demanding programs in North America, the University of Illinois Executive MBA is comparatively among the most affordable and rated a good return on investment by The Wall Street Journal.
We invite you to join us for an Information Session or to visit a class and learn more about how the University of Illinois Executive MBA can help you attain your career goals.